487B9348C69CC9D8D92B599B4521EDF8 BB's Blessings, Blunderings, & Blitherings: Farmers Can't Do Nuffin'.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Farmers Can't Do Nuffin'.




I enjoy spending time with my grandchildren. When I get to have one on one time with one of them, it is especially delightful!

The other day I had the opportunity to spend some time with the 6 yr. old grandson. He is particularly amusing to me because of his pronunciations - as you can imagine a 6 yr. old to use. I was driving him through the county farmland to meet his parents at a drop-off point. As we traveled through the farmland I pointed out all the corn in the fields and how tall it was. He decided to give me his 'take' on the farmers' responsibilities. (I'm attempting to share this in his vernacular... please bear with me in the spelling!)

He said, "Farmers can't do nuffin. All they can do is get up and eat breakfast and then go feed the cowth and clean up cow poop. Then they feed the chickenth and clean up chicken poop. Then they feed the pigth..."

To which I interjected, "... and they clean up pig poop?"

He said, "Yeah... then they feed the goatth and clean up goat poop. And feed the sheepth and clean up sheepth poop and then cut their hair and they are goatth."

I asked him, "So the sheep turn into goats when you cut their hair?"

He says, "No. Sheep ARE goatth when you cut their hair."

Stifling a giggle, I asked him, "So who taught you that?"

He said, "My dad... no [big brother's name]... no, dad told that to me and [big brother's name]."

This child was so very deep in thought as he related this information to me. I enjoy very much seeing the world through his eyes! Its a very interesting place!